Tuesday 4 February 2014

Ciate Day 1

--I AM SO SORRY BEEN TRYING TO POST FOR TWO WEEKS BUT BLOGGER DIED ON ME--

Hello all,
I am pleased to share the first beautiful shade in 'Mini Mani Month'!!

I will start by showing some snaps of the actual packaging itself, which is beautifully decorated to look like a fairisle knit..



I especially love the little quotes behind every door, such a nice addition.



As you can see the first shade 'Snow Globe' is a beautiful shade packed with lots of flaky glitters.



The foil-like glitter is set in a frosted clear base, which dries glossy. The glitter pieces are quite different in size, varying quite a lot which I like. The colour changes in every lighting, giving your mani a completely different look.

Although it is a mini polish, the brush is quite wide, giving quite a generous amount of glitter to your nails!

I chose to layer this glitter over a nude base (that I mixed myself to match my skin tone). I am loving a bit of nude recently.


Here is my completed look;


The glitter is not too over powering and is very subtle, unlike many sparkly IN YOUR FACE glitters, which I kind of like.

The low down
Application: Good, wide brush, even quantity of glitter, not very gloopy.
Finish: Fairly glossy, in need of top coat. Glitter makes surface very uneven.
Overall Rating: 4/5

Great for evening wear to spice up an ordinary daytime mani!


I would quite like to see this layered over a very dark polish to see the contrast.
What do you think?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment