Monday 27 May 2013

We're all going on a summer holiday...

Hi everyone :) long time no speak.

I was feeling a little summery this weekend, thanks to a brief heatwave where I live, which has since disappeared. So I thought I would enter a competition I heard about, hosted by the wonderful Travel Supermarket. The comp, Beauty and the Beach ends on the 5th of June so hurry if you are hoping to be a fellow entrant!

My favourite thing about holidays is the sea! I love the freshness of it, so that's why I chose to replicate 'Under the Sea' on my nails.

 
I started with a base of Zoya Breezi and OPI Liquid Sand 'What Wizardry Is This' (Accent), I love how these two colours match, I think they look great together, almost couldn't bear to paint over them!

I then added acrylic paint to create a gradient and a shell to detail the bottom of the sea. This is what they turned out like;

The pearl and bubbles are beads from Sparkly Nails, and I think they add enough 3D element to the manicure, but not too distracting. The Liquid Sand polish also adds texture that completes the look.
 

 
I painted the shell with acrylic paint that you can buy from an ordinary craft store.
 
 

I sponged on more acrylic to create this gradient. I didn't want it to be perfect, because I wanted to create the look of waves and ripples, as though it was the sea.
 
So what do you guys think? What's your favourite thing about summer?
Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing! Definitely a cool first manicure! I can't believe how amazing your gradient is too, the bottom picture looks so much like Ion and Fairy teal Sally Hansen polishes together, cannot believe you did it with acrylic paint - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, thankyou! Really appreciate your comments Alice x

    ReplyDelete